The Framework for Enhancing Student Learning
The following set of principles guided the development of the draft Framework for Enhancing Student Learning, and will be used as an ongoing reference point in its implementation and continuous improvement.
The Framework for Enhancing Student Learning:
- is grounded in the belief that all education partners are responsible for student learning, with each having unique responsibilities
- creates a system-wide focus on student learning, to ensure each student in BC achieves his or her full potential
- is meaningful, impactful, flexible, realistic, and sustainable
- addresses differences in performance among particular groups of students, most notably Aboriginal students, children in care, and students with special needs
- is strength-, support-, evidence-, and results-based
- reflects system-wide commitment to continuous improvement and life-long learning
- continues to build public confidence in BC’s education system.